Monday, November 9, 2009

Ranger's Night Out...



On the Prowl

The Ranger is really starting to grow on me.  In fact, I think it's a lot closer to becoming my main after this weekend's bit of fun.  I hit 22 late last week and also came into quite a few new skills as well.  So armed with new skills and a wad of cash (over 250k!) I headed to the nearest broker and promptly bought myself a full set of Revenge leather gear.  It really wasn't that expensive and I'm really digging how cool Mojeaux looks in it.  So far, I have to say it's my favorite looking set.

                   Brusthonin

So anyway, new threads and new skills weren't the only new things that I ended up getting.  Luckily, at 22 I also picked up a few more quests for the Brusthonin and Morheim areas.  Brusthonin's quests mainly dealt with the area in the lower left quadrant of the map, the Havenjak Farm and Cemetary and these were basically a bunch of "kill X amount of these mobs and X amounts of those mobs and bring me back the result" type of affairs.  Nothing fancy.  The mobs themselves consisted mainly of Frightcorns, over-sized bugs and some undead types who had their own mini boss named Supervisor Gillers or something like that that had to be killed as well.  After completing those quests and not wanting to repeat the repeatable ones, I decided to head off to Morheim to see what I might find there...


Morheim


  
Well, Morheim was a blast!  Aside from the new quests (got new ones once I hit 23) there also happened to be a lot of Elyos action going on in just about every corner of the map.  My first contact came early on in my adventures on Saturday morning.  I was grouped up with a fellow Ranger that I had just met and we were in the process of making our way to The Fortress of Spirits in order to complete a quest that was giving us both a bit of trouble (too many Elyos camping the site) when we ran into Candylynn...



Die Pidgeon! Die!

Candy gave us a bit of trouble, being as how she was level 32 and we were both just 22, but in the end, after a long and running fight, in which I even went Mau on her ass, we got her.


Mau form anyone?!?

As fate (aka the wife) would have it, I had to take a break after that fight (something about stinky dogs and all that).  Needless to say, that really sucked too because my adrenalin was up and I was longing for some more PvP action... which luckily I got when I managed to log back on an hour later.  I logged on and happened to be at the right place at the right time to join an Elyos hunting group that had sprouted up to combat the recent incursion of pidgeons.  We had a good and fruitful hunt.
 Three dead Elyos...

 
Danmaku and Kwan, dead and dying...

 
Krausen the Cleric didn't make it...

 
But, Cashel, a bad ass Gladiator, whooped our collective butts
all by himself!!!


All in all it was a great weekend that had me wishing I was 25 and able to hit the Abyss at will...








3 comments:

Kheivalo said...

I have to admit, as much as I love my Chanter, I made a Ranger just for a break...and he is what I now call my altmain. I tend to favor playing him even above the Chanter atm (although I don't know whether it is just the newness), and if he remains this fun once he catches my Chanter he may even espouse him.

Scary...I really love the Chanter...glad to see I am not crazy.

Mojeaux said...

I know exactly what you mean. I thought that I would eventually pick my Temp as my main, as that is what I've almost always chosen in the end, but my Ranger is now 24 while my Temp is still languishing at 22. And I really don't have a desire to set Mojeaux down just yet in order to get Mori caught up.

Kheivalo said...

I really love the Chanter, and don't want to put it down, especially with their numbers suffering like they are. There is a real shortage for decent Chanters these days, but I really find myself enjoying the run and gun style of combat with the Ranger.

I have been meaning to do a post over at the blog about my Ranger, but I keep getting caught up with other stuff and the few posts I have up in the air remain there.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment