Thursday, October 15, 2009

That's why the call them Tanks...





Well, it's been two days since my last post, and in that time I've managed to get two of my brood to about 16th and a half.  Crowe, the little DPS monster that he is, didn't seem to take much time at all in hitting the mark.  Between mopping up the last few quests I still had left in the Basfelt area, and a doing a little mob grinding (those Sprigg Outlaws on the way to Grimblade Canyon from Basfelt Village give pretty good XP at level 15), I managed to take him from being just a sliver of a bubble into 15 when I started, to almost 16 and a half in about 2.5 hours.  The only thing that slowed him down was that he had to stop after every fight to bandage up and rest, a few deaths due to me not paying attention to my health bar didn't help either!


Mori, my Templar, on the other hand, was sloooooow going.  Or at least it felt that way.  He didn't have to stop and rest as often as Crowe did, being able to engage at least 2-3 mobs before having to take a rest.  However, his meager damage output slowed things up considerably on the front end of each fight.  I don't know, maybe it all balanced out in the end.  After all, it took me about the same amount of time to level  him to 16 as it did Crowe.  It just seems that the Templar's limited damage output being what it is, definitely puts the "G" in grind.  

Hopefully things will go back to a less "grindy" pace as Mojeaux the Ranger is up on deck tonight.  I have a few extra hours to devote to the game this evening, so who knows, I may have my first level 17 to brag about in short order...  

2 comments:

Rer said...

Added to blogroll, welcome to the community. :D

Unknown said...

I did that so many times with my Sorc...not paying attn to my healthbar, or mana and dying for stupid reasons.

Also the downtime for Sorcs is just ridiculous so after beta I decided to roll a self sufficient cleric, but the dps sucks when out grinding solo.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment