Monday, October 19, 2009

Wife mandated breaks and NcSoft goodies...

Well, if you read my last post, then you know that I had big plans for Thursday night of last week.  I had managed to get Friday off in order to take my wife to Baton Rouge for the Oak Alley Plantation's Fall Festival, a highly regarded wife mandated break of great renown. 

Anyhoo, since we weren't due to leave until 11am or so on Friday morning, I figured I would be able to get some quality play time in to make up for all the lost time over the weekend, even if it meant having to bite the bullet on the 3 hour long drive down to the old Red Stick, as the wife had already made it perfectly clear that she was not driving...


Well as luck would have it, all my previous late nights of staying up to play AION, finally caught up to me.  I made my first and last mistake by telling myself what I always tell myself when this happens to me:  "I can just lay here for a bit, I'll be able to make it back up."  And like always, I was WRONG.  As my wife will quickly point out, I was out like a ton of bricks, not to see the waking world again until around 3:30am when nature called.  Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.  Anyway, seeing as how my plans had been ruined, I shuffled off to bed with muddled thoughts of getting in some early morning playtime in a few hours.


Well, I'm happy to report that I did manage to get Mojeaux up to level 17 in between loading up the truck and finishing up all those other pre-trip tasks assigned by my wife.  Early on, I was able to get into a small group to do a few of the BC quests.  It was fun and I definitely look forward to going back.  However I found that coin collecting quest that Zeli talks about on her Blog and found quite a few quests down there that are sure to keep me occupied for at least the rest of 17 and possibly 18.  I do hate that there is no flight NPC at Impetusium.  I know the nearest flight NPC isn't too far away, but I still find it a pain the rear.  I know, "Waah!", right?


Oh and one more thing.  I found this waiting for me when I got back from my little vacation.  Kudos to NcSoft for this:



It may be a little too late for some, but I thought it was a nice gesture on their part and welcome their acknowledgment of what turned out to be a craptastic situation for some.  For the record, I started on the day after Meslamtaeda went live and rolled on that server and have never had any issues logging in.  See you all next time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment